In recent studies, it has been shown that women having IVF treatment can boost their chances of falling pregnant by 65 per cent simply by having acupuncture. A review combining the results of seven previous studies has found that acupuncture also increases the chances of having an ongoing pregnancy (beyond 12 weeks from gestation) by 87 per cent — and nearly doubles the chance of a successful live birth, increasing that by 91 per cent. If you’re new to the fertility process some of this information may be new to you.
With natural conception acupuncture can:
- Regulate the Menses: works by regulating our hormones and menstrual cycle. Controlling irregular menstruation can enable couples to better predict the time of ovulation.
- Increase Uterine Lining: It increases blood flow to the uterus, resulting in a thicker healthier uterine lining. I have seen dramatic improvements with acupuncture and herbal therapy in treating thin endometrial lining.
- Improve Sperm: Separate studies have shown that acupuncture can increase sperm count and sperm motility.
- Prevents Miscarriage: Particular herbal formulas and acupuncture treatments are known to help secure a growing embryo and prevent a miscarriage.
Acupuncture & IVF
In conjunction with in-vitro fertilization (IVF), acupuncture may help:
- Regulate hormones: Women’s hormones must fall within a desired range to continue with treatment. Acupuncture helps regulate your hormones.
- Increase number of follicles and improve egg quality:Obtaining good quality eggs is the most important factor and desired outcome. Specific points help stimulate our ovaries and build endometrial lining.
- Increases changes of Implantation: Acupuncture helps creates a receptive environment for the embryo to implant. As mentioned earlier in the study it increases your chances of falling pregnant by 65%.
- Relieves stress: Acupuncture has been shown to increase beta-endorphins “happy hormones” in the blood thereby reducing stress levels.
At Angea Fertility Clinic our Practitioners support you during your Natural Fertility and IVF journey. To contact our clinic please call 9510 3700 or email email@example.com