Boost your fertility naturally with these simple health moves!
1. Firstly, you need to get a snapshot of your current fertility status. We recommend a routine fertility check up with your specialised GP. These include specific fertility blood & hormonal tests, semen analysis and pelvic ultrasound. Fertility testing and assessment means you can be PROACTIVE about your fertility.
2. Acupuncture boosts fertility by regulating the menstrual cycle, decreasing stress, increasing uterine blood flow, sperm parameters and mitochondrial health.
3. One of the simplest and easiest ways to improve your health and wellness is by changing the way you eat and what you eat. Food plays an integral part in maintaining hormonal balance. Let food be thy medicine.
4. Understanding your menstrual cycle is the first step to understanding your fertility and fertile period. The 4 keys to finding your fertility window:
1. Fertile cervical fluid
2. Cervical position
3. Ovulation predictor kits
4. Basal body temperature
5. Whilst knowing all the facts about your bodily functions is super helpful. It’s also important to support your mind and body. This can be done through de-stressing your nervous system, such as yoga, breathwork, mindfulness, meditation, qi gong, journaling, massage, nature walks and dancing.
6. Limit toxin exposure! Consistent exposure to chemicals from cosmetic to cleaning and pantry puts both your hormonal health and fertility at risk.
7. Egg and sperm take around 90 & 72 days to develop and reach maturity. There is a list of evidence based research that supports fertility supplements such as Fish Oil, COQ10, Vitamin D, Inositol, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc, Prenatal and Methyl B.
8. Research indicates LIFESTYLE factors can impact fertility. From nutrition, sleep cycles, exercise, weight gain, environment, chemical exposure and substance abuse impact both male and female fertility.
We hope you loved our guide to boosting your fertility naturally!
Amanda is the founder of Angea and has over 12 years of experience working with women to support their health journey. In addition to being a registered doctor of Chinese medicine, Amanda is a yoga teacher and founder of Mindful Pregnancy Yoga Training. Amanda offers acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and womb healing treatments at Angea.